Here’s the latest and the weirdest in science that we didn’t get to this week:
- An ancestor of the horse was the first mammal to use echolocation, but sadly there’s no evidence of a red suit or billy club to go with it.
- Dark matter is responsible for the universe’s lithium shortage.
- Back in the seventies, they got bull sperm stoned in the name of science
- A rare species of rattlesnake is being killed off by a mutant fungus
- Technology has been messing with human sleep patterns for hundreds of years.
- The Chinese may have discovered a vampire dinosaur
- And finally, the Comet Garadd has two tails.
Any stories we missed? Let us know in the comments!
image courtesy voxelbox on Flickr