What’s new and weird in science this week?
- We got some really, really old blood out of a mummy. Like 5300 year old blood.
- A truck full of sulfuric acid spilled in Florida, and io9 breaks out the fun destructive effects it’ll have on the environment.
- The fungus that turns ants into zombies is under attack from a parasite.
- Garlic extract has yet another use: fighting food poisoning.
- Our giant brains? They’re thanks to precisely one gene.
- Gonorrhea is rapidly developing resistance against the one class of drugs that still works against it.
- Oh, and apparently, a Taser dart can punch through your skull, zap your brain, and you’ll still be OK.
We miss anything? Let us know in the comments!
image courtesy Harvest Records
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.