What’s weird in science this week?
- Oh, look, the Japanese built a robot ass. And it reacts properly to being touched and slapped. Awwww, we get closer to sex bots every year!
- Scientists want to make you less flabby by burning more “brown fat”.
- This creepy starfish uses four of its legs to walk, and the other one as a “head”.
- The island of Crete used to be populated by adorably teeny tiny little “mammoths”.
- Woody Allen’s whining might actually wind up in the DSM. Seriously.
- Science has invented genes we can trigger by remote control.
- Flickr can serve as a weather forecaster, with the right statistical models and analysis.
- Vesta, an asteroid, turns out to be an endangered rock.
Anything we missed? Let us know in the comments!
image courtesy Fox
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.