Apparently, this week, science is dedicated to scaring the crap out of us.
- A bunch of Indian citizens, celebrating a festival in their home town, accidentally discovered a new kind of tarantula. They discovered it was overly aggressive, poisonous, capable of jumping and it hunts in packs. It killed two people.
- It turns out the corpse flower is not only a horrible parasite on a specific species of vine, it also steals that vines genes.
- Not scary so much as just mildly unnerving, in the “isn’t this the start of an apocalyptic movie?” sense: one of Saturn’s moons has been spraying a new form of plasma everywhere
- Here’s a shrimp that can beat the crap out of pretty much anything.
- Finally, if you’re scared of giant insects, do your best to save the birds: they’re the only thing keeping us from experiencing a live version of “Them!”
Sleep tight, kids.
image via Pommru on Flickr