What’s weird and wonderful in science today?
- Scientists have found the root of Restless Legs Syndrome…by giving it to flies.
- Putting paralyzed rats in a robot support vest and leaving a chocolate treat just out of reach taught them to walk again.
- Your last chance to see Venus transit across the sun will be coming next week, unless you’ve got a way to stay alive until 2117.
- Violets can shut down your sense of smell with a complex set of chemical reactions.
- Chickadees get smarter, the higher up a mountain they climb.
- The megapode, a turkey-like bird, has a unique self-insulating nest that may change the way homes are designed.
- And, in news of getting off this rock, Dragon has successfully splashed down, making it a fully successful private space mission and paving the way for more space exploration.
Anything we missed? Let us know in the comments!
image courtesy killkudzu on Flickr
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.