Good afternoon you princes of Maine, you kings of New England, you stalkers of Scarlet Witch. Here are all the mashup and parody videos I didn’t get a chance to cover, thrown in your face like you’re Jodie Foster working for the FBI.
In the offing for today:
- FIRST VIDEO: GrittyReboots, the group behind the "gritty reboot" of Calvin and Hobbes, are back with PBS: The Movie. It's a combo of educational programming and The Avengers in which Mister Rogers, Carl Sagan, Bob Ross, and Bill Nye fight against reality TV and lowest-common-denominator news channels to inspire kids to be scientists, teachers, and artists. [via THD]
- SECOND VIDEO: GameBill Studio mashed up Neo-Geo's Metal Slug with the Mario games and other classics to make Super Mario Slug X. [via Kotaku]
- THIRD VIDEO: At long last, here is Stop Or My Mom Will Shoot re-cut as a horror movie by Spencerbroseph at the request of the How Did This Get Made? podcast on Earwolf. [via]
- FOURTH VIDEO: College Humor updated the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles theme song with "The Michael Bay Version" lyrics. They might screw up and call them amphibians (they're reptiles), but they more than make up for it with the truthful lyric, "Money, money, money, turtles." Although we still prefer Scientifically Accurate Ninja Turtles.
- Banner picture via Reddit.
- Inset picture: "Nick Park’s Toothy, Middle Aged, Nit-Wit Terrapins" by Andy J. Hunter imagines what would happen if Nick Park (Wallace and Gromit) remade the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. [via]
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.