Once in awhile a satirical art project comes along that’s so close to reality, some will inevitably confuse it with real merchandise and decry it as a symptom of society’s decline. Or, in my case, decry it as a satirical art project when it should be real merchandise I can slice up and cover with sprinkles. MY EATING HABITS ARE UNIMPEACHABLE.
The gelatinous monstrosity pictured above is “All in One“, a highfalutin 12-course meal in a can designed by Chris Godfrey. Just check out the amazing flavors on this tasting menu. It makes me want to risk re-enacting Violet Beauregarde’s violent reaction to the three-course meal chewing gum.
- Selection of local cheeses with sourdough bread
- Pickled Kobe beef with charred strawberry
- Ricotta ravioli with a soft egg yolk
- Shitake mushroom topped with filled peppers
- Halibut poached in truffle butter in a coconut crepe
- Risotto foraged ramps, prosciutto and fresh Parmesan
- French onion soup with fresh thyme and Gruyere cheese
- Roast pork belly and celeriac root puree
- Palate cleanser, pear ginger juice
- Rib eye steak with grilled mustard greens
- Crack pie with milk ice cream on a vanilla tuile
- French canelé with a malt barley and hazelnut latte
Crack pie? Ah, so that’s how to keep people coming back for more of this appetizing treat. Just take a closer look at it.
Well, it’s still better than British food.
(H/T: Boing Boing)
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.