After Adam “MCA” Yauch’s passing last Friday, tributes have been showing up everywhere, like these and this. Now Virgin America made their play to be the early frontrunner for today’s best tribute to MCA of the Beastie Boys. Even though they haven’t performed the song live in about 25 years, a “(You Gotta) Fight for Your Right (to Party!)” reference is sure to be recognized and appreciated by the average person seeing the sign at an airport. This is a sure shot.
Reddit also had a field day with this picture, engaging in a pun war we’ll summarize thusly:
- “Looks like that display panel was… Sabotaged!”
- “Gonna get no sleep till our flight gets to Brooklyn.”
- “You can’t and you won’t and you don’t stop-over.”
- “Check your overhead.”
- “What w-w-what-what-what’s this all about?”
- “Don’t take no plane where I can’t check in.”
- “No barf bags on that flight. you have to have a license to ill.”
- “It’s actually an Intergalactic Planetary spacecraft!”
- “Body movin, Body movin, use the moving walkway to keep body movin”
- “High Plane Driftaaaaahhhh”
- “I really hope this plane doesn’t. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . DROOOOOOP.”
- “Now how long until Viacom forces them to take it down?”
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.