With the unexpected rise of the Florida Gulf Coast University Eagles in this yearâ€™s NCAA Tournament, it wasnâ€™t much of a surprise that bigger schools with more prominent menâ€™s basketball programs would come sniffing around coach Andy Enfield. After all, thatâ€™s the nature of the sports beast. If youâ€™re a little dog like FGCU, no measure of momentary success and national prominence is going to keep you in the conversation when a much bigger, wealthier dog like the University of Southern California comes calling, with its gorgeous campus and national spotlight. Oh yeah, and its giant bags of money. "USC is one of the best basketball jobs in the country," Enfield said. "I've been familiar with USC for many years. I've been doing this a long time. When I met (USC athletic director) Pat Haden, his vision was the same as mine. "USC was where I wanted to be." (Via the L.A. Daily News) Yeah, Iâ€™m sure that stings a little, and some people feel bad for FGCU.
- Bill Murray Has A Special Tip To Help You Drink Champagne For An Entire Weekend Without Crashing
- Kendrick Lamar And Tame Impala Are The New Kendrick Lamar And Imagine Dragons
- The 8 Most Effectively Whimsical Songs In Wes Anderson Movies
- Another Reason Why Dogs Are The Best: Meet This Golden Retriever That Saved Its Owner’s Life
- Watch These Adorable Lion Cubs Meet Their Dad For the First Time
- The World Was THIS Close To Being Spared U2′s Reign Of Terror
- Here’s The One App You’ll Need To Make It Through SXSW: ‘Avoid Humans’