As usual with Just the Badass Parts, you needn’t follow the show to appreciate the totally metal beatdowns an episode provides. So here’s the badassery from last night’s “Sons of Anarchy” (Episode 212, “The Culling”), minus all those annoying things like back story and characters’ names.
- Henry Rollins committing an indiscriminate, racially fueled triple homicide.
- A father sniffing his daughter’s fingers to learn that she just had sex.
- A Mexican standoff that occurs, ironically, because one of the characters hates Mexicans.
- Girlfight! A female doctor beats the crap out of her administrator boss. After a choke slam, the administrator complains, “That’s assault!” followed by the doc punching her in the face and saying, “No, this is assault.” Crocodile Dundee approves.
- Symbolic dead rats.
- Old-fashioned gang rumble featuring OH MY GOD THAT GUY JUST BIT OFF AN EAR.
- A man escaping certain death by telling police he was in possession of a brick of heroin.
All in all, following two consecutive gut-wrenching episodes that were driven by character and the motorcycle club’s internal struggles, this episode was a cathartic plot-driven reward for viewers who have waited months for comeuppance. The season finale is next week; if you’ve missed out on this season, I recommend you use the Google machine to correct that.