When I did the TV listings last night, I said of “Justified,” “We’re officially at the point of the season where things are starting to get SERIOUS. We’re playing for keeps now, kiddies.” Last night’s episode confirmed that. While Raylan’s main case this week dealt with a goon of a pimp, there were a bunch of other threads getting woven together — all of them progressing us towards what looks like an intense as sh-t climax. I’m pumped. Let’s all go punch some flesh-peddlers.
- Oxy thievin’ oxy thieves.
- GUNSHOTS. GUNSHOTS. GUNSHOTS.
- Quarles. Still terrifying. Like, a lot.
- Ava doing some investigating.
- Art dropping wisdom like Socrates and sh-t. (“You know you’re in trouble when the drums stop.”)
- “Well, I’ve got a big tank, Raylan. It does save on gas.”
- “Sh-t, I didn’t bring a knife.”
- Winona and Charlie running for the hills, for very different reasons. (I’m sure Team Ava will have a very calm, reasoned reaction to th- [gets shouted down like a Mets fan at a Phillies game].)
- That damn missing money again. (NOTE: EW has a Q&A with creator Graham Yost that sheds some light on this.)
- Limehouse slowly revealing himself as a criminal mastermind. If he and Boyd ever team up, I really think they could take over the world like supervillains. All they need are evil laughs, masks, and an underground lair. I smell spin-off.
As always, we’ve got some great GIFs by Chet Manley on the next page, and writer Jon Worley answering questions in the comments. I may just post “WTF QUARLES, BRO. SERIOUSLY” over and over until he snaps and tells us what’s up with that dude in the bedroom. THE PEOPLE HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW, JON.