The 21st MTV Movie Awards will take place on June 3, and the former music channel announced earlier today that cheeky hair product aficionado Russell Brand will handle the hosting duties, presumably while dressed like a homeless vampire. “Hooray!” said some people who watch MTV, I imagine. I don’t know.
“This MTV Movie Awards will be more impressive than The Avengers, and you won’t have to wait an hour for someone to Hulk out,” said Brand of the upcoming awards show. [...]
Executive producer Jesse Ignjatovic, who worked with Brand for the VMAs, cited Brand’s humor as the deciding factor in his selection as host. “He brings the funny but he also has that rock ‘n’ roll aesthetic,” he said [ET Online].
Yeah … I don’t really have anything else to say about this story, so I’m just going to make a list of some other things I think Russell Brand dresses like.
- Like someone who is always on his way to Dave Navarro’s birthday party
- Like a pirate who is trying too hard
- Like what Dutch people think American motorcycle gangs dress like
- Like someone who is dressing as Johnny Depp from the early ’90s for Halloween
- Like someone who is on a first name basis with all of the staff at Wilson’s Leather
- Like someone who is very excited about going to his first Alice Cooper concert
- Like a Satanist who just woke up
That was fun.
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.