6. The line of the night, actually, went to Opie.
Opie: “What I know is, the gavel turns sh*t around.”
Jax: “I’m not going to turn into Clay.”
Opie: “I’m more afraid that I’m going to turn into you.”
Ouch. Pulling Opie back into the club isn’t not going to be easy. Jax deserved that, too, for the way he has passively-aggressively f**ked over Opie for years. This season may see the rise of Opie from loyal punching bag to rebellious outsider.
7. After all the heaviness between Jax and Clay; Gemma and Clay (who won’t be reconciling anytime soon); SAMCRO and the Niners; and Damon Pope and Tig, the tension between Gemma and Tara — over babysitting duties — feels kind of trifling and petty. I thought this would be the season that Tara would take control, but Gemma still has her number.
8. I’m more intrigued by Gemma’s relationship with Jimmy Smits’ Nero Padilla, who looks to be a SAMCRO ally? Will he get them in the prostitution business, too?
9. Eli Roosevelt is still pulling Juice’s strings, which adds one more ingredient — Charming authorities — into the massive stew that Kurt Sutter is developing for season five.
10. With the death of Dawn and Darnell, plus the two guys Tig took out, I thought we’d seen all the death we’d see in the episode. But NEVER second-guess a Kurt Sutter musical montage: They almost always end in a death. I guess the question is: Is Unser dead? And if not, why not? It’s been five years? Where’s that cancer, anyway? I don’t see a lot of use for Unser on the show anymore, so it would be fitting if Sutter wrote him out to fan the flames of the Niner/SAMCRO rivalry.
The lines of the night:
– “With great power comes great responsibility.” “I ain’t no Spiderman, ni**er.”
– “So I did a sp*c pimp, huh?” “So I did a drunk cracker MILF.”
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.