There were two huge TV pilot committments announced yesterday: J.J. Abrams action drama for Fox, which will pair L.A. police officers with androids, and Kurt Sutter’s clown assassin comedy (which may star his wife, Katey Sagal). There were five other pilot committments announced yesterday as well, some including some big names, but none deserving their own post. So, here I’ll rank their potential from worst to first.
5. Untitled Comedy for NBC written by Ali Leroi (Everybody Hates Chris) and starring Cee Lo Green, for NBC. The multicamera comedy will be loosely based on Cee Lo’s real-life relationship with his ex-wife and children.
4. Amazon, from Warner Brothers, is a Wonder Woman origins story, similar to the approach the WB took to Smallville. It will “chronicle Diana as a young Amazonian, before she becomes a warrior princess with super powers.”
3. All In, a single camera comedy for Fox, produced by Alan Loeb and Ryan Reynolds about “Tommy Vigorish, a compulsive gambler trying to get back in the game with the help of his family … as long as that game does not involve the exchange of money.”
2. Bastards, from writer Jason Micaleff (Butter) and director Seth Gordon (Horrible Bosses, for Sony TV. It’s “an unconventional family comedy about “a family who has never met.”
1. I Suck At Girls, from Bill Lawrence, based on Justin Halpern’s bestseller. The single-camera comedy for Fox will tell the story of a boy becoming a man, and a man becoming a father, in a time before coming of age was something you could Google. Halpern will co-write.
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.