Sad news to report, as Senior Political Correspondent on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, Wyatt Cenac, is leaving the show. He’s been with the show since the 2008 election, so it’s appropriate that he’d choose to leave after the 2012 election. His last day will be Thursday, December 13, 2012, according to Vulture.
We’re not sure why he’s leaving the show, although he has a successful stand-up comedy career and pilot season is right around the corner, and I’m sure the networks will be looking for edgy black comedians that they can make less edgy. Or maybe, he’s quitting to track down Kel, who has been abandoned by Kenan, to start a new sitcom, Cenac and Kel, just to spite Kenan Thompson.
At any rate, I leave you with 10 Words of Wisdom from Cenac.
– “Mail: it’s like texting with a pencil.”
– “People love cat videos. Here’s how much people love cat videos: I love cat videos— I HATE CATS! That’s ridiculous logic!”
– “I think it’s cruel to test makeup on bunnies; they’re cute enough, they don’t need it.”
– [On Black Republicans] “Their blacks are just blacker! It’s a creamier, darker tone.”
– “Amerrricaaa, Amerricaaaa… God shed his grace on theeee… and keep the Blacks across the tracks, from sea to shining seaaaaaa!”
– “There were no real panthers in the Black Panther party!”
– “There are certain things you can blast through a stereo. You can blast hip hop. You can blast heavy metal. You CAN’T blast All Things Considered.”
– “I pity the fool who doesn’t have health care. I do. That’s a third world problem. We’re a first world country.”
– “If someone invites you to Medieval Times, they do not have your best interests in heart. What you need to do is throw nickels in their face and cut your losses, which will incidentally be the nickels you threw at them.”
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.