In the latest installment of our series on incredibly strange, animal-related methods of setting your house on fire, a Santa Rosa, California couple had to call the fire department after the shiny metal water dish they left outside for their dog Toby reflected a beam of sunlight with such intensity that it burned the side of their house like they live in a cartoon or something.
“I just looked outside a minute and saw what i thought was steam.” said Shay Weisbrich. “A big plume of it through the glass door.. So I went over there thinking, ‘that’s not right, not normal.’ And it was smoke!
The Bennett Valley Fire Department responded before the fire got out of control. [5KPIX]
If anyone needs me, I’ll be over here using a metal dog dish to reheat leftover pizza by HARNESSING THE POWER OF THE SUN.
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.