8. Kerry Washington looked like this.
9. And Jon Hamm like this.
10. But mostly: Sarah Silverman.
11. “You all knew James Gandoflini the actor. I was lucky enough to know Jim the man for 10 years as his close colleague and life partner and for many more years as his friend. And it’s Jim the man, the very dear man, that I will miss most of all.” An all-too-rare touching tribute.
12. Will Ferrell’s look of pure happiness upon meeting Vince Gilligan.
13. The best: Louis C.K. sitting behind Bryan Cranston; The Colbert Report finally besting The Daily Show (both deserving, but it was time for a new winner); James Cromwell still looking like an evil Nazi doctor; Will Ferrell’s shirt and kids; short speeches; switching to Breaking Bad from 9 to 10:15 p.m.; and this GIF.
14. The blurst: Jeff Daniels quoting a playwright in his undeserved acceptance speech, proving that he has become Will McAvoy; Modern Family winning Outstanding Comedy for the 87,029th year in a row; Bobby Cannavale over Jonathan Banks (I love Gyp Rosetti as much as the next guy who enjoys being strangled during sex, but he’s no Mike); Jessica “The Name Game” Lange somehow losing to Ellen Burstyn; no Outstanding Choreography nominations for Bunheads; segueing from JFK’s assassination to the Beatles, because TV; all the “catch our show, Mondays on CBS” plugs; the damn Target commercial that played during literally every ad break; BAZINGA; the meta-ness of “hey, this dance bit is dumb, but because we’re acknowledging the insanity, we can get away with it,” which, no; and the weird Girls-inspired opening, which brings us to…
15. This photo of Lena Dunham mouth-kissing her mom is the worst thing to happen to the Emmys.
(Via Getty Image)
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.