11. Dale smokes Morley Cigarettes, a fictional brand of cigarettes also smoked by the Cigarette Smoking Man in The X-Files.
12. This zombie below, who attacks Otis, is actually a double leg amputee in real life.
13. The sign below in Dale’s RV says “How about a nice cup of shut the hell up?” That is a direct nod to a line in Dawn of the Dead: “The plan is you drink a nice tall glass of Shut The F*ck Up!”
14. Greg Nicotero recreated Ben Gardner’s severed head in Jaws and placed it in The Governor’s fish tank as an homage to the shark movie.
15. Former Pittsburgh Wide Received Hines Ward played a zombie in “The Suicide King.”
16. Daryl Dixon’s back tattoos are real. Norman Reedus actually has three (he has another under his arm) because he always “likes to carry his demons with him.”
17. The 13th episode of the 3rd season, “Arrow on the Doorpost” was originally called “Pale Horse,” a reference to a scene that was later cut in which Daryl spots a headless rider strapped onto a living horse. That would have been AWESOME.
18. Robert Kirkman said that this zombie, which appears right after the death of Merle Dixon, is meant to resemble the iconic zombie from George Romero’s Dawn of the Dead.
19. In this awesome season two Easter Egg (on the DVDs), a dinosaur runs out in front of Lori’s car. SPECTACULAR.
20. Finally, some believe that the producers used the season three opening credits to foreshadow some of the events of the series. For instance, the names of Sarah Wayne Callies and Lauren Holden appear next to shell casings, and both characters died in season three.
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.