Katie Lowes is an actress probably best known for her portrayal of Quinn Perkins on Scandal — a political drama created by Shonda Rhimes and starring Kerry Washington that’s loosely based on the life of a former Bush adminsitration aide — a new episode of which airs tonight on ABC. Previously, Katie played Brandy Buffkin on the CW comedy-drama Easy Money and made guest-starring appearances on a number of shows, including The Sopranos, The Practice and The Closer. Additionally, she’s a founding member of the IAMA Theatre Company in Los Angeles.
Katie was nice enough to take a few minutes out of her busy schedule recently and answer a few of our questions.
1. You walk into a bar. What do you order from the bartender?
Martini! I learned that from my parents. Nothin’ better.
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter?
ummmmm… @Joshmalina, of course.
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR/TiVO?
The Bachelor…in fact, let’s wrap this up, I’ve gotta rose ceremony to get to.
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
PASTA. A whole bunch of it.
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
I’m a huge Amazon shopper…I buy everything on Amazon. I should just make it my default homepage.
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your iPod?
Some Nights by FUN.
7. The first face that comes to mind when you think “punchable”?
Hilarious question. Once again, I’d have to say @JoshMalina
8. What’s your favorite meme?
Actually, i had never heard of a meme until someone sent me one of Quinn! And i kind of love it:
9. Dogs or cats?
Dogs! I can’t wait to get one.
10. Best concert of your life was…?
Ben Harper at Roseland Ballroom, NYC 1998. I was in high school & so impressionable. He did a cover of Sexual Healing that I will never forget.
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
Wally Lamb’s I Know This Much Is True. Or any book that’s part of a series… Harry Potter, Hunger Games, 50 Shades of Grey – I’ve read em all. I’m a sucker for sequels.
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
That would have to go to Shonda Rhimes. She cast me on Scandal and it doesn’t get nicer than that. She is an real angel in my life.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
I’m a Bob’s Burgers kinda girl.
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
After skiing, I’d put on sweat pants, grab a book, and sit by a fire.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
16. Android or iPhone?
iPhone. Although I pretty much use it to text and tweet. I have like 3 apps.
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
Every meal on my honeymoon in Italy. Pasta, red wine, gelato all day all night! It was delish.
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
I saw my girl Kerry Washington in Django Unchained. It was incredible. I’m in awe of Kerry Washington, so glad to have her in my life.
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
Brad Pitt in Legends of the Fall. I had his long haired poster up in my bedroom… Sigh.
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage were coming to your house for dinner?
I’d probably do a Raising Arizona themed meal. So some tex mex and maybe learn how to make a good green chili soup or something. The real question is: WHY is Nic Cage coming over for dinner?
(Previously: Jesse Tyler Ferguson)
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.