After four-and-a-half days of packed aisles and overpriced sodas and a deficit of power outlets and way too many Big Bang Theory tote bags, there was no better way to wipe my palette of all of Comic Con's most annoying features than with a panel featuring a bunch of badass dudes and chicks saying "f*ck" a lot.
Nope, not The Cleveland Show, which we sadly missed, but the Sons of Anarchy panel, which ostensibly closed out Comic-Con with a mid-afternoon get together in the cavernous Hall H on Sunday. Creator Kurt Sutter was there, as was Charlie Hunnam (Jax), Ron Perlman (Clay), Katey Sagal (Gemma), Maggie Siff (Tara), Mark Boone Junior (Bobby), Tommy Flanagan (Chibs), Theo Rossi (Juice), Ryan Hurst (Opie), Kim Coates (Tig), and Dayton Callie (Unser).
The biggest reveals were:
- Sons returns to FX on September 11th at 10 p.m.
- Seven minutes of the first episode were screened (Damon Pope & Co. are not happy), minus one blacked-out scene that showed Gemma "getting f*cked from behind," according to Sutter, by a character who isn't Clay.
- According to Sutter, “For me this is really the season about Jax at the head of that table and what kind of leader he will become."
- Joel McHale on Sons of Anarchy? Joel McHale on Sons of Anarchy.
- In person, Ron Perlman looks like Will Ferrell, if Will Ferrell had been sculpted from cinder blocks and cigar smoke. Of his character, Perlman said, "Every single thing in [Clay's] life has been taken from him, except his life. He literally starts off with nothing, but has to wonder why the f*ck would you leave me alive? You gotta know I'm coming back."
- A lot of people, men and women alike, want to have Charlie Hunnam's baby, who I ALWAYS forget was on Undeclared. Not the baby, but Charlie.
- Sutter has discussed the possibility of a Sons prequel with FX, about "the first nine [Sons members]." We'd "see the formation of the club." Nothing's been finalized, though.
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.